Wednesday 18 January 2012

Attic Room Dry-Lining

Yesterday, I helped my builder construct a stud wall on the east facing gable end of the attic room in the entrance tower. The day before (Monday) I helped with the stud wall on the west facing gable.

Now with all surfaces insulated, it is the one and only WARM room in the castle. You can literally feel the temperature difference when entering. It's all I can do to hold myself back from moving in - however, it is sensible to do the wiring and plaster-boarding first! :-)

We built the walls directly underneath original Victorian roof beams. For once, Victorian precision was lacking and the beam on the west side sloped down from left to right by a whole inch. This took some working around.


new west gable end stud wall

new east gable end stud wall

No comments:

Post a Comment